Equipment kits are a separate cost in addition to the tuition fee.
You must have a complete grooming kit on the first day of class, no matter what program you decide to take. This kit can be ordered with pre-payment to the Grooming Institute of Canada, or you may purchase the equipment on your own.
If you purchase your own equipment, it must pass the Paw-Rific Spa Limited inspection before being used on any animal.
- 2 Universal brushes
- 1 Tender care brush
- 1 Professional Nail Cutters
- 1 small nail trimmer for cats
- 1 Dremel Stylus Portable Grinder
- 1 bottle of Quik Stop for nails
- 1 bottle of Ear Powder
- 1 Wahl Clipper Professional
- 1 Fine Blade for Arco SE Portable
- 1 Arco SE Portable
- 2 of each of the following 4f, 5f, 7f, 10, and 1 # 30.
- 1 Set of Wahl Stainless Steel Clip on Combs
- 1 English Comb - Fine- Medium Combination Teflon Coated
- 1 English Handled Comb - Large
- 1 Mars King Rake - 16 Teeth (Complete set would be great but expensive)
- 1 Smock
- 1 Travel Case for Equipment
- 1 Demating Tool
- 3 boxes of disposable gloves that must be worn when grooming
- 1 bottle of Alcohol
- 1 bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 package of Cotton Balls
- 1 package of Q-Tips
Uniform and gloves - Applicant to supply protective covering for clothes, ears and hands when working with animals.
Please note that Paw-Rific Spa, does not sell this equipment, it will be ordered on your behalf from the Grooming Institute of Canada, who deals with reputable suppliers in our industry.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEWS & HOW TO... PAGE FOR ALL UPDATES
2895 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1T 1N2
Phone: (613) 224-3644
If you would like to share a story about your pet, send us a photo and it may be featured in our Pet of the Week corner.